I thought I’d have a bit of fun and play along with the ‘Five Male Characters Tag’ that I found at Katie’s Cottage Books, who found it at Classics and Craziness, who found it at Revealed in Time! Haha! And by FUN, I mean I strained my brain and ended up with cramps from trying to come up with these! As soon as I publish this blog post, I’ll remember a hero, or a villain that impressed me more than these, but they just didn’t come to mind – of course! But here goes:
Here are the RULES:
1.) List five of your favorite male characters. (book or screen)
2.) Tagging other people is optional.
3.) If you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
4.) Link Back to ~ www.revealedintime.blogspot.com
4.) Best Book to Screen Adaptation
5.) Best character perception change
- HERO: It’s a toss-up! I pick either Edmond Dantès from Count of Monte Cristo, or Jean Valjean from Les Miserables (thus the six photo collage instead of 5 photos :o)
2. VILLAIN: I pick the Sheriff of Nottingham in the 1991 Robin Hood with Kevin Costner.
3. ANTI HERO: I pick Don Tillman from the book The Rosie Project. I guess this book is being made into a movie, but I bet they’re having a hard time picking an actor to play Don! Here’s a photo of the author of the book. He actually kind of looks like a Don Tillman to me! Here’s some “Suggested Actors“.
4. BEST BOOK TO SCREEN: Easy! I pick Dobby from Harry Potter.
5. BEST CHARACTER PERCEPTION CHANGE: I pick Willie Stark from All the King’s Men. My perception of this character changed in the middle of the book and then it changed again at the end of the book! I didn’t realize there was movie based on this book. I think I’ll have to watch it.
So there you have it! If you want to play this tag game (and strain your brain), let me know so I’ll be sure to read your picks!
Have a great day! Do or learn something NEW!
Love your villain choice of the Sheriff as played by Alan Rickman!